Blackbit wins Pimcore Case Study of the Year Award
About 140 participants from all over the world met in Salzburg on September 26th and 27th for the exclusive partner conference "Pimcore Inspire 2018". As a Pimcore Gold Partner, we were of course there to exchange ideas with other users and the software developers and to get first-hand information about upcoming software innovations.
In addition to keynotes, Q&A sessions and networking, there was an opportunity for partners to present their Pimcore success stories - with a chance to win the prestigious "Case Study of the Year" award.
Criteria for the Case Study Award:
- Innovation: use of Pimcore in a new way or in a new industry
- Integration: depth ofintegration with third-party systems
- Enthusiasm: Exceeding the expectations of the project team
- Platform: number of Pimcore features used
- Project scope: number of objects, countries, languages, etc.
- Presentation: Exciting presentation of the case study
And the winner is: Blackbit's content commerce store for Viani
Our comprehensive digital commerce project for delicatessen importer Viani convinced the Pimcore crew. And so we were able to take home the coveted trophy for Case Study of the Year 2018.
The Pimcore Case Study of the Year 2018 Award is not the first award we have received for the Viani brand store. Back in 2016, the web presence was honored as "Most Innovative Shop" at the Shop Usability Award. What made the project so special even then? Thanks to the innovative linking of content and commerce, the online store stands out from the market environment through emotion, information and individuality. Individual e-commerce functions for retailers and end customers also ensure an intuitive and user-friendly shopping experience.
Migration to Pimcore 5
We are running the Viani project according to the Growth-Driven Design methodology and thus continuously evolving it. After a year of successful operation, the next goals are to personalize the user experience and introduce Artificial Intelligence (AI). To achieve these goals, a migration to the latest software version, Pimcore 5, was necessary. Migrating such a large project is a real challenge that ties up significant resources. In order to still be able to respond to inquiries from customers and prospects in a timely manner, Blackbit decided to perform the migration with the support of the Pimcore Global Services (PGS) team. The PGS team took care of the lossless data migration and updated the following features to continue getting the most out of the Pimcore tool:
- Multi-tenant configuration to manage B2B and B2C customer data.
- ElasticSearch for fast search and filter results
- Enhanced Pimcore e-commerce functionalityinterms of clients, shopping cart, price, checkout, orders and coupon services
- Customer Management Framework for better analysis and segmentation of user data, as well as the possibility of personalized and automated customer targeting
Blackbit was responsible for project management and quality assurance. Among other things, we translated customer requirements into software specifications, organized tests and bug fixes, transferred CMS content and accompanied the complete migration to the live launch of the Pimcore 5 Digital Commerce Platform.